Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok trying to make sure my addiction doesnt take over me ESPECIALLY since we are doing EC too however does this sound like it should be ok? I didnt start CDing Kai until 3 months and put him in mediums.......

18 newborn ( which consist of Kissaluv fitted and full moon baby gear) plus i have 12 prefolds

18 small (consists of fuzzibunz, bumkins, full moon baby gear) plus the above 12 prefolds

18 medium ( happy heiny and (4)fuzzi bunz (4)full moon baby gear)however some of the HH i dont think i will be able to reuse.) and 14 or more prefolds/covers

SHOULD I BE COVERED?
And if you are at home with kissaluvs and change alot anyway do they really need a cover especially if extra hemp inserts are added)

BTW dont know HOW i ended up with 18 in each size

michele

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Michele,

I would add at least another 6 newborn unless you want to wash every day. You will need about 12 per day with a NB and Kissaluvs take FOREVER to dry! Also, it is cheaper to invest in a couple of covers to go over the fitteds rather than stuffing them with hemp inserts. Hemp isn't cheap and can't be used more than once between washings. The covers can. Besides NB babes don't usually need all that extra stuffing. You are changing them so frequently they don't have time to soak through the diaper.

·
Registered
658 Posts
At least 100 per size :X
But that's only if you want to use them like disposables LOL
I have a bad habit of diaper shopping as therapy

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:LOL Oh since you both said it I GUESS im going to have to go shopping online RIGHT NOW! I will make sure to tell DH you all told me i HAD to in order to stay in the due date club

Actually he loves cloth diapers too his favorite are the full moon baby gear

What do you all think about small fuzzibunz for a newborn cause i have 10 of those? or you mean newbie newbie ones like the xsm FMBG and Kissaluvs?

Michele

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK I JUST Added 12 newborn contours to my stash thanks to you and the kissaluv outlet

NOW How many newborn covers should i have?

I have:

1 diaper rap
1bummi velcro
1 bummi snap
1 bunmkin

Michele

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BC YOU ARE BAD BAD VERY BAD!!!!!!! I NEED TO BE BANNED! THOUGH I CAN happily say i will pass however they are soooooooo darn cute thanks for the link....

I only allow myself a limit on what i spend on the credit card each month so it gets paid off each month AND i have until aug 18th until another new billing cycle
Im so anal

kai was out of diapers completly by around 17 months.. before that he was out days.... months before he was naked around the house so mediums i think i will be ok with its just the smalls and xsmalls however since i ordered contours just a second ago in newborn size i should be ok i THINK! Plus this baby will have naked time to as we will also be ECing.

However NOW how many newborn covers are needed?
Michele

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArlyShellandKai
BC YOU ARE BAD BAD VERY BAD!!!!!!!

However NOW how many newborn covers are needed?
Michele
I agree, she is Bad!
ONE more would do just fine.

You see BC is your diaper
but I am your diaper
. Now you have to decide who will influence you!

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have not cded a newborn, but did start the cloth with Miriam when she was 6 weeks old and could fit in the smalls. I had 4 covers and had to handwash them almost every night because of the bf pooh. I am planning on a dozen nb covers-not wool and about 8 smalls. I also have a bunch of wool soakers and longies too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.