Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH and I have an ongoing disagreement about how many covers are necessary. We use MEOS dipes and AF covers on my 2yo son. We have about 30 diapers and 8 covers in his current size. Any "expert" would tell you that we have plenty of covers. We wash about every two days and never go through all 30 diapers but almost always nearly run out of covers. I have one soaker that I knit in his size that we only use as a backup cover - because DH doesn't believe that wool works, and wants it to be washed every time. I'm convinced that DH changes the cover every time he changes a diaper. WHY???<br><br>
I just ordered four more large covers - after DH felted my beautiful strawberry soaker by throwing it into the washer. I've given up.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I use 1 PUL cover per day unless it gets poo on it or feels terribly icky, damp or smelly but heck if this is what he needs to be happy changing diapers....

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
I have 10 covers 8 fleece and 2 pul. I'm actually thinking for winter of getting 1 or 2 more pul's. If it's a poo diaper I change the cover, even if no poo is on it, and if it's gone through 3 pees I change it regardless. I also put our 3 year old in a dipe at night so that uses an extra cover, but he wakes up dry most of the time.<br><br>
I wash every 2-3 days and probably only have one cover left over. I think it's whatever you are comfortable with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts