Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12m/o DS had a stomach bug Sunday night through the wee hours of Monday morning.
He threw up a handful of times, and then had lots of diarrhea all day Monday. Then all day Tuesday. And now, Wed., doesn't seem to be lessening up at all. He doesn't seem uncomfortable, is nursing well and very frequently, and has some (not TONS, but some) interest in solid food. He doesn't have a fever.

I guess I had expected for it to have let up a little after two days? What do you think? Is there anything else I can do for him besides nurse like crazy?

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Sounds like he is doing fine! It is hard to get over these bugs at times and the symptoms can last awhile! I think the frequent nursing is fine and just what he needs, keep him hydrated. You could also try the "brat" diet, bread,bananas,applesauce,rice,toast.

·
Premium Member
11,488 Posts
We've had some stomach bugs that take a long time to get back to digestive normalness afterward. We've had a couple where the kids' digestion took probably 2 weeks to get completely back to normal (poop looked like it used to, no more intermittent skipping meals, no low-level upset stomachs, like that). Nursing is best, I've found homemade stock to be very soothing if you have any (chicken stock is lovely stuff).

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Just what I needed to hear. We don't catch tummy bugs often, so new territory for me. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.