Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm crazy, but I plan to sew up teeny-tiny NB covers - not covers that are small that will be too huge on a NB but they will grow into them, but ones that will only fit for a month they're so small. I just don't want to use my small pattern that I know will be so big at first. So, I'm wondering if someone can refresh my memory - how many times per day does a NB poop? I figure I'll for sure need a new cover for every poop, but hope to reuse them if it's just pee. So how many if I plan to do laundry every other day? It's been a LONG time since DS was a NB - I forgot

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Well I used sposies then but we easily went through 15-20 diapers a day and at least 12 or more were poppy ones she was a popping machine.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by octobermom View Post
Well I used sposies then but we easily went through 15-20 diapers a day and at least 12 or more were poppy ones she was a popping machine.
: My oldest was a poop machine too. It seemed like every other diaper was poopy. I think the 15-20 is a good estimate for a NB. It's probably also safe to estimate 1 out of three or 1 out of 4 will be poopy. Unless you have a poopy kid

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
We went through 18-20 dipes a day with about half poopy. BUT, I we only went through 2-3 covers a day. Why do you think you will need a new cover with each poop?

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekingJoy View Post
We went through 18-20 dipes a day with about half poopy. BUT, I we only went through 2-3 covers a day. Why do you think you will need a new cover with each poop?
We started using cloth at around 3 months she still had very watey poo and even with fitted we needed a new cover with each pooy diaper cause while the cover prevented leaks something always got onto the cover.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Even though we used 'sposies with dd at this age, she still went through at least 18 diapers a day. I imagine with cloth though, it will be double, since I'll be using fitteds and dont like the idea of sitting in a wet dipe. I change for every pee. I'll never understand those who only go through 12 cd's a day!!!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
we are going through 12-14 diapers a day with my almost 2 week old.

She sleeps well at night though, with a 3 hour and a 4 hour stretch. At night I change her only when she gets up to nurse and first thing in the morning. I just can not see waking myself and her up in the middle of the night to change diapers. It would be crazy. I use a microfiber cloth as a doubler during those times and she does fine. We change as needed during the day.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekingJoy View Post
Well, I figure if it's just a little spot of poop I won't, but otherwise, I am using contour diapers so anything significant is going to get on the cover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.