Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have insufficient glandular tissue and am battling chronic low supply. I make somewhere between 18-24 ounces a day. I make meals that have ranged from 0.4 - 3.0 ounces in size. Night is my best time and the only time I reach 3 ounces a feed - on average a feeding is around 1.5 ounces.

My son is almost 12 weeks old and is usually content with smaller meals but we supplement with donor breast milk with an SNS in the afternoon and evenings when my output is very low.

I'm curious -- for breastfeeding moms with normal supply -- how many times do you feed (or did you feed) your 3 month old during the day? What about later months?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
During the day Seamus eats every 2 hours. He usually has a 5 hr stretch at night. I have no idea how much he gets a time but he is ebf and gaining well.

My older son used to eat every hour..he was a piggy!

Good for you for sticking with it!

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
By 3 months, we were at the every 1.5-2 hour place, too. Back then, he was a good sleeper
, and he would sleep a 6 hour stretch at night, then every 2 hours until morning.

Sleep got rough for us between months 4-9. We're coming out of that fog.

Now, at 9.5 months, he eats every 3 hours during the day, plus solid food, and he has a 6.5-8 hour stretch at night.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.