Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many extras do you use? How many times will I want to "doubble up" on the inserts? Just for nighttime, or for some during the day?
DS is 10 months, if that matters

Also, I will be using Cotton Babies inserts.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I only double up the inserts at night.
I have never tried cotton babies inserts, but my ds can go all night in a FB with either 2 MOE microfiber inserts or a joey bunz and a MOE insert. He's 14 months, and not a real heavy-wetter (more of a frequent wetter
) but a single joey bunz or MOE insert can usually last him a few hours at a time

I'd say maybe 24 inserts???

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I use one microfiber insert for day, and a microfiber plus a hemp doubler or Joey Bunz at night. Because I have a boy, I fold the hemp stuffer in half and just stick it in the front of the diaper. This works great for us.

I did buy 3 extra microterry stuffers when I purchased my diapers. I have a total of 6 hemp stuffers.

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
We only double up at night. I use MOE inserts and just bought 3 extras when I first started because I planned on washing every other day.

24 inserts seems like a lot to me for 18. 2 was enough for me but the package cam with 3.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hmmm... I'd just go for 18! In general I don't double up because my babies tend not to pee at night past 8 months or so. Before then they don't pee enough to have to double up. Most of the peeing is done during the day.. LOL So it really depends on your baby's habits!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
We double up all the time now to make the diaper a little bulkier so it fits our thinning down DS better in the legs. We use MOE inserts and for doublers MOE doublers, joey bunz, knitted wool, or kissaluvs super soaker doublers seconds (my favorite now because they are our bulkiest doublers). If you like thin, MOE doublers and joey bunz are both thin. JB are really absorbant. If you use JB with cotton babies inserts (which I *believe* are microfiber), put the cotton babies layer closest to the baby cuz they absorb liquid quicker than JB.

You could always start out conservative and get more doublers if need be. www.fuzzibunzstore.com has free shipping if you need to get more doublers at some point. Also, some people use microfiber towels from the automotive section of big box stores like target, walmart, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts