Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many do you use for inserts? can you compare to how many you use in comparison to a hemp insert or other insert?<br><br>
TIA

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
I have used one for daytime and two for outings or sleeping. It also depends on which microfiber towels you buy. I've found that the larger yellow ones from sam's club and cosco work better than the smaller blue and white ones you can find at target and walmart. They end up being bulkier than hemp inserts but they dry in 1/4 of the time.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
We use 2 for daytime and 3 for night on my frequent wetter. They ARE a tad bulkier than hemp inserts but they really do dry ten times faster. It's worth that tiny bit of extra bulk unless you have a TON of those expensive hemp insrts that you can rotate around to allow for the extra dry time.

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
I cut the smaller ones in half and sewed them. I just use one of those during the night, and don't use any during the day unless I will be out and not able to change the baby as often.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I use 1 tri-folded for day. My "regular" inserts are 2-layer hemp fleece doublers over cotton contours (I have a ton left from DD2 and DS2's diapering days that I have to use or feel guilty) I also use 2-layer trifold hemp fleece inserts. They're all about the same for absorbancy, but I don't think the micro holds as well as the hemp - the diaper inself seems wetter when I use just micro. I just started using hemp/micro/flannel inserts that work really well with the hemp backing up the micro.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts