Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be using prefolds and covers...I picked up 2 used nb size covers yesterday as they were a GREAT deal. Do you think I need more of this size? Or are two plenty given that I don't know what sized baby this will be?
thanks

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Six newborn covers worked well for me with both kids; the first was 8 pounds, 5 oz, the other 9 pounds, 12 oz. In theory small covers would have worked for both of them, but I'm really glad I had newborn covers -- mostly because it's hard enough to keep the diaper away from the umbilical cord stump with newborn covers!

I liked proraps best.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
I woudl say at least 4 nb and then you can get some smalls and use those in a pinch too. I would like 8 or so all together(4 small and 4 nb).

A couple of wool soakers would be fun too(check the tp for those), I love wool!!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Due in April and I have 2 newborn bumpy's, 3 hand knit newborn wool wraps and a pair of longies. I will proabably make one more newborn wool pull on cover.

I bought the bumpy's used and the rest I made.

I also have 3 small bummis and a small cot'n wrap.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I had four, and six size smalls in reserve (and six of any PUL cover is all I've ever needed). That was plenty for us. Sometimes I had to use a small one, because we we'ren't so good at snappiing and poo escaped a lot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.