Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard over and over that you need 36 newborn (XS VB or equalant) but what about S M L? How many of each (aprox) should I have? I'm trying to get a bulk of the diaper making done before the baby comes, and then just sew new stuff as needed... We are doing a mix of fitteds & covers & AIOs.

What about covers? How many covers of each size should I have?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Personally, I used 24 in NB and S sizes, 18 in M and L. I know several moms that can get away with 12 in L. Another great thing is a one-size type diaper such as Wonderoos! They're great for all sizes! I have 36 that I use on both of my boys, ages 5 months and 23 months (I could put them on my 4 year old if I needed to), and I wash every other day.

If you are planning on going the cover route, you should have about 4-6 covers in each size. If you go with a wool cover like Vermont Diaper Company or Lana, you can get away with 2-3.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I skipped the Nb size altogether except I used short infant prefolds. Unless you like trading diapers and hunting for new ones I would go for a 2 size system like sweetpeas. I used kissaluves size1 for 8months. A size 1 or small might fit until 7mos or so then you may even get by with med or size 2 for the rest of toddlerhood. Wool soakers are very accomidating for a wide range of weight.
I forgot to answer the question of how many!LOL
small 20 and a dozen prefolds and 3 covers
Med 20 if you want to wash every other day.
I wouldnt get Lg yet some babies are only in them for a month until they get mobile and size down again. Med has worked for my 3 different shapped boys until potty learning.

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
Once you get up to the small & medium sizes, I'd say the minimum is 24. As far as covers, I'd say at least 6 if you're using prefolds or at least 4 if you're using fitteds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.