Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>My son is 6 and he was born on August 4. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Does it seem ever since they started going to gradeschool that the years fly by even more quickly every year ? Do you feel bugged by it and do you get a bit sad or uneasy as your child gets older ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I do believe it is going quicker every single year that sometimes if you live in those cold areas that you rather have those spring time be here before you know it so it's not as freezing cold but your going oh if it gets closer to the end of this school year it will mean closer to another grade moving up which is like to think about this in  4 yrs my niece will be in kindergarten her first year and our 6 yr olds will be 5th graders as in 10 yr old as in being a Tween or preteen .</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I do get sad and a bit nervous about it because you want your kids to stay little but your happy to see all the achievements and improvements in their education.  You also know as kids get older they will get closer to changes of becoming a woman or a man .</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It just makes me go what age is my son not going to want me to stop by or what age will he be embrassed by me helping out at school like last spring I helped out in his kindergarten area that he was bugged when I was specifically in the 'classroom too much' so now I help out in the libary so when I missed out on his libary session a couple times he was a bit disappointed in not seeing me but is happy when he sees me in the libary . He is in first grade now.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
274 Posts
<p>I feel this way ALL THE TIME about my august boy who is now 5. I actually get really sad in the weeks leading up to his birthday. I try to focus more on making it extra special for him but I can't help but get teary eyed. I kept him back-he's in preschool and will go to full day K just after he turns 6. I dread full time school.....dread it......I worry about him being away from me for such a long time each day. I have the same or similar feelings as you.</p>

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
<p>My dd is 6.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I actually don't feel that way.  Maybe because my younger dc is still so little (3 yo).  I enjoy as my dd grows older.  There are all kinds of activities and games that we enjoy doing together that we weren't able to do when she was younger.  I love that she is starting to read now.  She's in grade 1 and her school day ends pretty early (2:15), so I feel like we still have lots of time to spend together.</p>

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
<p>I don't have a 6yo but I have a 2nd grader and a kindergartner. My big guy is almost 8 and I feel like we have lost a lot of closeness over the past couple years. He doesn't confide in me as much anymore and has more of his own life. He's also really moody and can be quite unpleasant. My little guy is still sweet and snuggly but I know it won't last forever. I also have a little babe and I wish I could keep her tiny forever! She's growing so fast and I know she'll be in school before I know it. I really appreciate every day with her. </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts