Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a reminder. DS will be 4 weeks tomorrow and he is EBF. Up until a couple days ago, he was going like 8 times a day, but now it's only once or twice a day. We've only had one today so far, this morning, and it was pretty watery. Any reason for concern?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I think I've read that anywhere from once a week to 10 times a day is normal...LOL! If he's seems fine and isn't straining I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
my dd is 4 weeks today...she was pooping 3-4 times a day and she went 7 days without last week..i took her to the dr and was told ebf babies can go up to 10 days with no bm...as long as they arebt straining and are peeing its normal...

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
My dd is a bit older (5 months), but once she hit about 6-8 weeks, her pooing really spaced out. More than once a week is extremely rare. It's closer to every 2-3 weeks. Her Dr. isn't worried at all. (I
him. VERY pro bf.
) It's still soft and normal when she does go. She wets plenty of diapers. She doesn't strain or seem uncomfortable. She is gaining weight. Her tummy stays soft. etc...

ETA: From kellymom.com

Quote:
Number ranges from many per day to one every 7 - 10+ days. After 4 - 6 weeks, some babies switch to an infrequent stooling pattern. This is normal as long as baby is gaining well, and stools are soft and profuse if several days have passed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.