Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I counted up my prefolds this morning and here's what I have (for baby due in May)

preemie: 43 <these will be our only diapers for the newborn phase, do I need more? less?
infant: 57
< I also have almost 30 small-ish fitteds, this is way too many isn't it?
Regular: 23 <my favorite prefold for the walking baby
Premium: 19 (not my favorite diaper option)

I don't know how I got so many infant prefolds! So, if you take into account the fact that I go through diapering "phases" (one week fitteds, one week prefolds), should I go ahead and sell some of these prefolds? This issue is stressing me out. Oh, I also have (in addition to the small fitteds) 32 Mother-Ease One Size fitteds. This is insane. 4 years of diaper collecting has really added up. I don't even want to talk about how many medium fitteds I have

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
That's alot of diapers! But hey, you can never have too many diapers

We have a ton around our house as well. My husband is always wondering why I have these stacks of diapers that i have kept. I am secretly hoping he will change his mind and want a third baby.

Amy

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Have covers? If so your set....

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
The tiny soakers do knit up faster don't they?

When C was a babe he had 30 infant pfs (4x8x4), no preemie (and at nearly 9lbs he fit straight into the infant size), and about 6 fitteds. By 3mo (less if I'm thinking straight tonight
: ) he was in regulars and we had about 30 of them too. Around 18mo? (less?) he moved into premiums b/c he was finally big enough and needed the extra power they offer.

C went through 20+ diapers/day as an infant so we were washing every day. Its one reason I love PFs so much-- b/c of how easily they wash, dtry & fold.

You do have plenty, but given lack of resale ability, just enjoy! No satress allowed.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
wow stacey congratulations on the new babe to be!!!
how exciting.

i can't believe you even have to ask if you are ready LOL. i think you're good to go!

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
Add about 4 dozen Premiums, and that's about how many I have
. I think you're set, and I don't think you can ever have too many prefolds

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
see, that's the problem...I think I'm ready for twins and there's only one baby in there
Storage has become an issue

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyofmany View Post
Add about 4 dozen Premiums, and that's about how many I have
. I think you're set, and I don't think you can ever have too many prefolds
you're so right, prefolds can be used for just about everything!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.