Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although we have found a "system" that works, it REAKS in the morning! And it's NOT hemp, just ammonia....blech. Also, he sleeps better in a paper diaper. Of course I HATE using paper at night (all those chemicals against him for that long) but who can argue with a tired mamma? Please tell me I'm not the only one who occasionally uses a disposable at night.
:

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
You aren't the only one. I've given up as well. She wakes tons more at night no matter what I try. She hates the bulk, and the wet feeling and reeks in the am as well. She is a very heavy night wetter.

I figure that it is better for me to use a sposie at night and be pleasant the 1-2x she wakes vs unable to cope with how much she wakes wearing cloth and being tempted to CIO.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
we are using them at night
: she gets up about 4 times throughout the night and then A. i dont have enough diapers for the next day B. im in such a fog and C. everything i have used so far leaks if i go over 2 hrs. im hoping my big order from fcb will change all this though- its gonna be awhile im #111 lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
We do becasue we do not have anything (until today) that will work at night. He goes through 2 at least and he sleeps through the night but when I put him to bed dry he plays for a bit then yells Mommyy until I come in and change him. LOL He does not like to go to sleep with a wet diaper. Oh and he still leaks a few days a week!

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Currently we do, because dd has some health problems (GERD=acidic urine/bm's, plus eczema in the diaper area). I was about to give up on cloth but found that pocket dipes work okay during the day if I change them very often. Hoping to wean off sposies soon, trying some new meds so let's see!

Darshani

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Yep, I use sposies at night. I don't have anything that would last through the night...And my son is a very heavy wetter. He pees on the floor during the day (I let him air out often. lol) and boy does he make a lake! rofl.
He insists on having a drink just before bed so he does pee all night long. And I can't change him in the middle of the night because he's a VERY light sleeper.
So, until there's an amazing night time cloth diaper (and money to buy them!), ds will be in yucky disposables. Thing is, even Huggies Overnights doesn't seem to hold enough anymore. Either they changed them or ds is peeing even MORE! ack. I end up having to buy sposie diaper doublers too! bwah hah hah hah. I'm evil.

It would be nice to find an alternative though.

Hugs,
Liz

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
we use a combo. i am trying to be VERY faithful to cloth use when i am home with dd. i'm only working 2 days a week this summer, so it's a lot. Dh brings her to work with him those 2 days, so she always uses sposies those nights b/c he doesn't use cloth at work (yet
) we only have 2 overnight dipes (ugh) so if i have to go a 3rd day before wash, or like last night when she pooped 5 min after we got the sleeptight on her, then it's sposie time! it's always a work in progress, i guess.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I use Huggies Overnights - and they've never failed us. But, I'm a recent convert with a two year old, so I feel kind of silly putting a bunch of $$$ into it for 1 dipe a day, kwim? Anyhow - I did order some FCB Nightlights and thick wool covers; I'll try em' and if I don't have any luck, sell em'!
She's not even a heavy wetter and we've had zero luck with any of the generic suggestions for nighttime diapering. I HATE changing crib sheets in the middle of the night!

·
Registered
93 Posts
: DD just sleeps better in a 'sposie (and no leaks). I really gave the cloth at night a try, but she sleeps poorly, wakes often, and won't go back to sleep. She is by far a better night sleeper than ds and I'm not taking a chance on that changing! I figure I use cloth all day long and it's better than what I was doing before we switched.

·
Registered
524 Posts
We might have been scared to use cloth overnight at first, but we had 3 leaks with Huggies while we were in China, so we started out with hemp fitteds and wool covers when we got home and (knock on wood) have never had even the slightest leak in 6 months with cloth. She was drinking up to 60 ounces of formula a day for awhile before she was willing to try solid foods, so she was a very heavy wetter. If we had any leaks with cloth I probably would try disposibles again, so I can completely understand those that do use them for night. It's only 1 a diaper a day anyway. I do change her in the night usually one time and it doesn't bother her. I guess if it starts to bother her or she ever gets a rash I may try a disposable - maybe with a wool cover on top due to our earlier problems with the disposables

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Ella is a seriously heavy wetter at night. We were waking to soggy clothes and bed covers EVERY morning. So... we have gone back to sposies while I have a few WAHMs working on a nighttime solution for me

I DO, however, line the sposie with microfleece and use a barrier cream. I know its not a cure-all or even a justification for keeping her in a sposie all nite, but at least I know there is something soft against her skin and I am hoping it keeps at least some of the chemicals from her poor bottom.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
we actually found a night dipe that works, but she STILL wakes more. we were keeping track b/c I was arguing to try cloth again and dh was against it for nighttime. her pee is contained by a m/l Nightly Newt in a pocket dipe with a joey added.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I was before we had enough of a stash to go all day and night. Not anymore we have enough,and she stays drier in cloth than in sposies! She is shaped funny so sposies gap at the back and everything goes out yuck. She was soaking the sheets every night! She has a chubby belly, average thighs but the tiniest little bum so I had to always go up a size before her back was in that size :LOL

She also protests very loudly and fidgety if I dare try a sposie for dh because he won't deal with cloth so I no longer use them at all. It's really funny to see her trying to scoot her bum out of the diaper and try and roll away from me when I'm trying to put a sposie on, she also cries the whole time she is in it. Cloth she sits still while I change her and she is a happy little clam so I'm not messing with it.

We have ammonia stink in the morning sometimes but not always it depends on the diaper and how much she went the night before.

(and that long winded post was to say no, not anymore
: )

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
We did use sposies at night in the beginning. When we switched over my son was 4 months & I had no nightime solution. That only about a month or two then I found fitteds & wool. He hasn't worn a sposie for nights since (or at all during the day as well)!

If for some reason he had to be in sposies I definitely would use 7th generation disposables! They have no chemicals and are enviroment friendly is what I've heard! I'm all for that~

·
Registered
555 Posts
Nope your not alone, I normally use a fuzzi bunz but when my DD is heavily teething she gets horrid rashes from wetness and not even pockets are enough to stop this so we go DD during the night, to keep rash at bay.

Deanna

1 - 20 of 25 Posts