Mothering Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
545 Posts
I use sposies on my daughter.....her pee smells to high heaven in the morning. I tried a FB on her the other night, and no way will she be wearing cloth at night again.

Ds uses fitteds and wool, and never complains, or stinks. :LOL

· Registered
1,274 Posts
A disposable has been known to show up on Jenna's bum when my mother is here. Until I finally decided to not buy them any more and force my mother to learn the system.

As for nighttime, I think we used one in the last couple of weeks... because laundry wasn't done in time.

I don't like the ammonia smell in the morning, either.. but I find I don't run into that with certain systems. Joeys and prefolds, yes. Mini Rumpsters and Joeys, no. Weird, huh?

· Registered
1,145 Posts
I used to because I was really scared of using cloth at night. Then I just told myself that was the last pack and I was going to make it work! Fortunately we figured out a great system - A stuffed up Happy Heiny!!! I found that the applix makes a flatter front than FB which tended to bubble out under the snaps - dd is a belly sleeper so this is KEY.

The smell for us is sooo much worse in a sposie - I think I'd take stinky hampster cage hemp over the sposie perfume/powder/ammonia combo. I always felt guilty or sneaky or like I was cheating using sposies at night... I know I'm weird but I feel much better now that we've worked out a system.

· Registered
234 Posts
We use disposables each and every night. I used to feel terribly guilty about it, but I'm over that...........if a kid can pee thru 3 joeybunz or a big old bulky Luke's Drawer's Goodnight Kiss plus a hemp doubler at one year of age like my DD did, you get to the point where you're thrilled to find something that works that you can actually pick up at the store a few miles down the street. Yup. The other option, of course, is to just plain change our kiddo every 3 hours or so at night, an option that is most likely the best for her bum but most definitely not good for the sanity of household.

-Leah

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.