Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of buying more wipes because DS is still in diapers and I'm due in November. I can't remember how many I'll need for the new baby. DS uses a lot of wipes but I can't remember how many I bought for him. I remember thinking I had way too many but actually it ended up working out just right.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I got 12 initially and that's actually more than we've ever needed. I just use them for little farts. For messy diapers, I carry Ben over to the bathroom sink and rinse everything clean. Works great! I don't have the patience to mess with wipes and worry about whether I'm getting him clean, if I'm tugging too much, etc.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I'd say 3 dozen too. I have ALOT! I love having a ton of them because we use them for everything.<br><br>
I just leave them in a basket on the bathromo sink dry and my kids grab them when they need to wash their faces or hands, or my 5 yo can bring them to me if I need them for the baby.<br><br>
And for messy toddler poops, I usually use a stack at a time ! LOL

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Three dozen was a good number for me, although I wish I would have tried a few different kinds first. The kind I have three dozen of (kissaluvs) are good enough, but later I discovered I like sherpa better.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I have a dozen. But I wash every other day.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Wipes was one of the places I cut corners. I just got baby sized washcloths.<br><br>
However, I should say that since C takes a bath with me everynight, I don't often use a wipe on him when he just pees. We change diapers very quickly as he is often coverless. I do use wipes if he's been in a wet diaper while asleep and always for poops. But as a general rule, simple peed-and-changed-immediately situations don't require wipes around here.<br><br>
That said, since we're out of the poop 3x during a feeding stage, we're not going through very many wipes in a day.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'd say at least 3 dozens. We have probably more like 4. I figured 1-2 wipes per diaper (change). I wash the wipes with the dipes and I hate it when I run out of wipes before I run out of dipes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts