Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went and bought 3 dozen CPF's in Infant size and 3 dozen in Regular. Now I'll probably have a small newborn and be in trouble.

So the real question is, How many covers do I need (washing every-other day)? I'd like to get Proraps. My babe will be a summer newborn and I'll probably go coverless a lot to start. I also have a huge supply of wool yarn that I'd like to make some soakers and longies with (for fall and winter).

Comments? I'm a First time mom. I will be going back to work in September (unless we win the lottery).

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
I agree with the pp that you may want some wool. Especially in the Summer I think a babe would be more comfortable in wool or coverless. You could get by with fewer PUL covers if you had some wool

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I think 6 PUL covers + some wool soakers is great. If you don't get around to making those soakers, definitely have a few more covers, though. Newborns have that runny poop that goes everywhere w/ prefolds. The cover many times gets poop on it, so you don't want to run out of them.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi, i have a 2 month old and let me tell you 6 will just get you by. so if you can just run out and by some 6 is a good number but if your like me and have to order them online and wait for them to get to you.. buy more! I bought 6 and quickly orderd 4 more. im washing every other day, with the ocasinal every day. (sometiems it does get a bit messy hehehe)

·
Registered
433 Posts
6 is definatly a good # but I'd go with more. I had like 8 when Haylee was little and thats was decent we ahev 5 now and it's not enough really. basicly cause I like to do laundry less and becuase of covers I end up doing it more.
so I like 8 more then 6 .

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
We had a couple butt sweaters too but I didnt use them as often as I thought I would. In the end our April baby went coverless most of the time, and the covers we had were plenty. I went with all size smalls, and my favorite cover was a sugarpeas fleece, because it was so soft against her umbilical cord, and she just looked snuggly, quite big on her though. For covers total we had 10, including 2 butt sweaters. So 8 got the most use, and we didnt need that many, but it was nice to be safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.