Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To keep morning (afternoon and night) sickness at bay, how much B6 are you supposed, or allowed, to take? What's a good dosage and what worked for you? And how often? I think I read somewhere to take 50mg 3-4 times a day, but I just wanted to make sure that was right before I go and take too much!

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
My Dr. had prescribed me B6 for my first pregnancy, I don't know how much the dosage was, but it didn't work anyway so I just stopped refilling the prescription.

·
Registered
885 Posts
My midwife said it would be okay to take up to 200mg a day of B-6. I took it for over a week (at around 100 mg a day) and although it did seem to improve my mood and help a bit with nausea, it gave me *daily* mild headaches. As soon as I stopped taking it the headaches stopped!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got back from our natural food store in town here and picked up a Tri-B. It's got B6 (25mg), B12 (can't remember how much) and folic acid (800mg). I think it's perfect because now I can take this on days when I just can't stomach my prenatal vitamin. I'll probably take another 100mg B6 a day, split into 2-50mg doses. I hope this helps! My nausea is getting more than annoying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts