Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't bled since Saturday & I just had a couple of gushes of red blood. I know that's supposed to mean that I did too much - I probably did - we went to the chiro this morning & then stopped at the store & then to the Dr.s. for Ds's check up.<br><br>
I think I stopped bleeding around 2-3 weeks with the girls (at least, that's when we dtd & we wouldn't have done that if I was still bleeding.) I think that I'm just thinking more of this because I'm paranoid that the sOB messed stuff up when he yanked on my cord.<br><br>
Dr. said to not go up stairs at all, how the hell do I avoid that? The shower is up there, we sleep up there! I probably go up about 4 times a day, I guess I could force myself to go only once or twice, but nobody is here to go up for me. Actually, Dd1 has been running many of my 2nd floor errands for me lately. My mom had her hip replaced, so I don't want to ask her to go up & down repeatedly for me.<br><br>
How long did you guys bleed? How long was it bright red? Mine is definitely red, not red like just after I gave birth, a little "watered down" maybe. "The Boy" is 9 days old today - is it "normal" to still be bleeding?<br>
________

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Sounds normal to me....its been over 2 weeks for me and its tapering off, but if I do too much, like stairs, it increases. I think nursing might accelerate passing clots or bleeding - do you get more cramping when he nurses?<br><br>
The general rule of thumb that they told me at the hospital was no more than a pad an hour.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
sounds normal to me! you probably are just doing too much. i am still bleeding at 3 weeks postpartum occasionally, usually when i am out and about doing too much. red/clear stuff. can't wait to be completely done!!<br><br>
just take it easy when you can, which is easier said than done!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts