Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dh is in school right now,and will be back here in the middle of july. he has some people he will be working with that will need child care, and he asked me if i would be interested in watching them, but wanted to know how much i would charge. it would be full time care, since the parents are military, and the kids are older, 2 families, he said he thinks one is about 4 and one is about 7. its still in the discussion stages right now, so i dont know about come the school year if they will be in school and all of that, and theyd have to find alternate care for a while after i had the baby, but july til october is lots of time to find someone.

anyway, how much do you, or would you pay for full time care for a child that age. i would provide meals. ive done home daycare before, but i was certified through the army, and thet rates were set, plus i got subsidies for food and stuff too. im going to see if i can find what the rates are for care on post too.

im in GA if that makes a difference

·
Registered
487 Posts
Rates vary by region.

I would call other in home daycares and ask them (just pretend you are a potential customer).

I pay mine $2.75 an hour per child, but we are moving and DD will now go to a private daycare run by a parochial school in town that is $150 a week. More, but worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CityChic View Post
I am in Chicago. I pay $300 for an in home nanny. It was $280 for a daycare center.
Is that per week or per month? I'm guessing per week.

I pay $125 per week for home based DCP.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It varies SO much by region. Here in Boston area I pay $200/wk for my 4yo's preschool -- that's 4 days/week; they charge $250 for a full week. I also pay $350/wk to my SIL to watch the baby.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CityChic View Post
I am in Chicago. I pay $300 (per week) for an in home nanny. It was $280 for a daycare center.
I just posted this question in the FYT Chicago area. I'm going to be watching my neighbor's baby in a few months. She's going to be around 4-5 months old. I'm going to be watching her in my home, and live in the northern suburbs, and am starting to research how much I should charge her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.