Mothering Forum banner

So haw much do your babies kick?

• Only a few times a day, say 7-10 total.

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • A 4-5 times every few hours through the day/night

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • A few times an hour, almost every hour

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • All the time, day or night, maybe a break to sleep here and there

Votes: 12 21.8%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 26 weeks, and either I have a VERY mellow baby, it's still early, or something is wrong, because he doesn't kick much at all through the day. Maybe 7-10 times a day, of the ones I can feel. Once in a while I will feel a good hard one through my shirt, maybe 2-3 but then nothing for hours.

So here's my very first poll!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I don't know what to choose. It depends on the day really and if I am paying attention to her. I have found that lately I am just used to how it feels and ignore the kicks for whatever else I am doing. Also I woke up the other night aroudn 5 am and she was really doing some serious acrobatics in there. I think she gets a lot of exercise when I am sleeping!

(I am voting 7-10)

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
All three of my babes have been so different. DD kicked almost constantly, rarely pausing, but the kicks and movements were very light and gentle. My DS could kick up a storm and my belly would be visibly moving from the outside and I could barely concentrate on anything else, and then there would be quieter periods, but he always moved a lot. Once I couldn’t feel him moving for a couple hours and I freaked out! This baby has some gentle movements throughout the day, some active periods (but not as active as DS) and some completely quiet, still moments where I can’t feel anything for a couple hours. I am hoping this means that the baby is a napper- because the first two weren’t at all!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Hard for me to pick one... this babe moves some days on a consistent basis.... for example... 7 am, 11 am, 1:30, 4 oclock, around 7 or 8 and then again at about 11 or 12, and I have had him kicking at 4 am as well. But there are days, when I don't feel him hardly at all, becuase I think his position may be different.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I think I'm having a ninja.

She kicks all the time but lately I've been feeling her rolls a lot more too. It's pretty constant and consistent.

That being said, I selected that she moves all the time, day and night, with some breaks for sleep.

·
Registered
318 Posts
ive started kick counting... lie down and you should feel 10 movements (not inc hiccups) in an hour....this morning i had 40 movements in 10 mins !

·
Registered
377 Posts
It was hard to select an appropriate answer for the poll. A lot depends upon whether I'm still enough to notice the movement.

Maybe 3 or 4 times a day I notice flurries of kicks and jabs and rolls, and sometimes those flurries last as long as 30 minutes.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Every few hours I usually feel something. Often it's just a weird wiggle/tickle sensations, sometimes it's more obvious. I rarely get actual *kicks*, though.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I feel better after reading peoples replies!

I'm 28 weeks. Mine varies day by day. Some days I hardly feel him at all or maybe just one kick or movement every now and then. Other days he moves a lot.. really just depends.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
It is all the freakin time. Seriously, I'm starting to wonder if you can diagnose adhd in the womb. I can't sleep at night, I can't even concentrate on driving, even NOW he is kicking and flipping around, so that I have to sit away from the computer and stretch my arms to type so he's not smashing my abdomen against the wood.

It doesn't help that he's already big enough to have compressed my admittedly short torso. My ribs are already rubbing on each other and I feel like I'm going to split open like an overripe peach.

But I'm not, like, tired of it or anything.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It is all the freakin time. Seriously, I'm starting to wonder if you can diagnose adhd in the womb.

Yep, I've wondered the same thing.

My baby moves non stop. The idea of kick counts is laughable to me. I'd count 10 in about 30 seconds at almost any given time of the day. I don't think this little girl sleeps at all! (Oh please say it aint so)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.