Mothering Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DD who is 2 years and 4 months, hasn't been getting to sleep until 9-9:30pm lately, wakes up around 7am, and naps anywhere from 1-3 hours. (11-13.5 hours in case you don't want to do the math!) I feel like 9-9:30pm is such a late bedtime, but we try to get her to sleep earlier and just end up rocking...and rocking...and rocking...and it's frustrating. Just wanting to get a sense of what others are experiencing...

·
Registered
492 Posts
Bedtime is best at 7:30, but because of busy schedule sometimes being closer to 8:00. During the week we have to wake him up so we can get out the door on time, around 7:30. On the weekends he can easily sleep an hour or so later. He usually takes a 1-3 hour nap, depending on if it's a school day or the weekend (longer on weekends). So I'd guess 13-15 hours. He's a kid that really needs a lot of sleep. He sometimes gets less than this, but it isn't pretty when he does!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Your DD sounds almost exactly like my DS (2 years 3 months), only his nighttime sleep goes from 8-8:30 until 6:00am. Nap is anywhere from 1.5-3 hours.<br><br>
Until about a month ago, bedtime was 7:00-7:30, but he just all of a sudden started fighting going to sleep and/or waking up super, super early...like 4:00am early. We moved his bedtime up and all is great again.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
DD is 27 months, she sleeps a 12 hour block at night, no naps. I miss naptime, but the solid sleep has been nice!

·
Registered
244 Posts
DD is 2 and three months and sleeps about a solid 12 hours at night, from 8-8 usually. She also naps anywhere from 1-4 hours in the afternoon. I know four hours is long! I tested her one day and just waited for her to wake up on her own and that is how long she chose to nap for! That being said, dd does go through phases where getting her to sleep before nine is hard.

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
DD sleeps from 7:30-7:30 or 8:30-8:30 with no naps

·
Premium Member
5,234 Posts
Ds is 29 months and sleeps from about 9 or 9:30 p.m. until about 8 a.m., and then has a two-hour nap from about 1 - 3 p.m.<br>
The bedtime seems a little late, but he gets a good 13 hours of sleep each day, and it's not like I want him going to bed at 7:30 and waking me up at 6 a.m. It works for us.

·
Registered
300 Posts
My DS sleeps from about 7:30-6:30 and takes a 1.5/2 hr nap. Some mornings I think he'd sleep later, but DH leaves for work at 7am, so he hears him getting ready.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Almost 28 month old sleeps from 8 - 5, then a 1.25 - 2 hour nap, so total = 11 hours at best. It was 12 total til I got out of the family bed. He's still in there with daddy, and the sleep is more solid than the restless nursing sleep he had with me. I'm hoping that makes up for the decrease in total hours.

·
Registered
739 Posts
DS just turned 3, but his sleeping habits really haven't changed since he was that age. He typically sleeps 10-12 hours at night and 1-3 hours during the day. The only difference I have noticed in the last month or so is that he is starting to give up his remaining nap so we have been putting him to bed earlier if he does that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
At 2.5 my ds slept usually around 12 hours a night from 8-8. He started napping irregularly around then too.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
DS is 21 months, sleeps about 9 hours at night and takes a 1-1.5 hour nap during the day.

·
Registered
855 Posts
DS is 3 now, but his sleep habits haven't changed since he was 2.5yo.<br>
He goes to bed around 9pm (which IMO is too late, but I'm not prepared to weather the tantrums that go along with attempting an earlier bedtime) and gets up at 6am. Occasionally he'll have a daytime nap of 2 hrs, but this isn't a daily thing. So overall, he's getting between 9 and 11 hrs sleep a day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts