Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting this here, because I really want to know what prices are like locally.<br>
I'm seeing a homeopath for my DD who is willing to let me pay what I think is fair. She says her regular rate is already 1/2 what the going rate is in the twin cities, but it is twice what my naturopathic doctor was charging.<br>
She knows that we are in a tight situation financially, which is why she is open to charging less than her usual rate, but I don't want to take advantage of her generosity.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Adults:<br>
$120 initial visit (you get one hour, more if you need it, but for sure one hour)<br>
$45 each visit after the initial (each visit is a scheduled half hour, again taking more time if you need it)<br><br>
Chldren:<br>
$60 initial visit (one hour)<br>
$1 for each minute for visits after the initial (we've never had a visit last longer than 20 minutes, some as short as 10)<br><br>
HTH!<br><br>
Oh, and just for comparison: I went to my OB/GYN six weeks ago for a pap and have to pay 100% out of pocket. That visit cost me $167. My DS went to the doctor a few weeks ago and saw the nurse practioner and for a 10 minute visit with her, we paid $67. We would have paid almost $100 more if we would have seen the MD instead.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! do you mind me asking if you are in the metro area or outstate?<br><br>
I realized I didn't say what I was paying before either.<br>
My previous provider (a ND) charged $50/ visit with some discounts available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts