Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I worked in daycare centers I took care of children Ivan's age. They were 12-18 months old. I do not recall any that were breastfeeding at this age. Anyway, they all ate A LOT of table food. Lots and lots with big appetites.

Ivan is home with me every day, all day. He gets about 85-90% of his nourishment from breastmilk/nursing mama. He is just not a big eater, more of a nibbler. Anybody else? Is this enough for a child his age? I will not ask the pedi, she is not a major source of info for me. He is in the 50th percentile for height and weight, had his first and only cold at 14 months old and first and only fever at 11 months old. No other illnesses, so I feel he is growing well and healthy.

Just curious.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Judging by your sig pictures, he is looking very healthy (and super cute too!)

Both mine were mostly on breast milk at that age. I think they were just starting to begin eating solids regularly at about the 18mo mark. Even now, at 27mo my daughter nurses 24/7 - I think she considers solid foods a snack.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I thought he was doing ok since breastmilk is best. Still curious about others if you want to share.
:

He is in such contrast to the daycare crowd that I took care of. They were in a very different situation though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts