Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much have you guys paid for birth prep classes? Either per series or per session for something such as Birth From Within, Bradley, Hypnobirthing/babies, BirthWorks, etc, you know for unmedicated birth?

The Hypnotherapist I found charges the same thing (for a private) as our marriage counselor does, and that makes sense since they're both therapists, but I just don't know if that's normal...

She said she thinks, since we've read the books and already have a baby, that it will take less classes, probably 3 sessions of 1.5 hrs- 2 hrs each? Cheaper than an epidural and certainly cheaper than a c-section... ha ha. But of course, NOT covered by insurance!

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
When I took Bradley classes a few months ago it was $300 for a set of 12 classes, which is about $25 a class (all of which ran at least 2-2.5 hours.) But I live in Hawaii and there's only two Bradley teachers on the island, so it might have been a bit higher for us..

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
When i took my Bradley class it was $300. During my time teaching it the price went up to $325. I now teach a class called Intuitive Birth and I charge $275. The hypnosis classes around here range from $350-500, and that's Hypnobirthing.

I found my childbirth class to be priceless. I started teaching so obviously I enjoyed it. I think I'd probably have had a c-section w/ out it (my water was broken almost 28 hours before my daughter was born). I think a good class is worth every penny and then some. I read a lot too, a ton. It's not the same.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I charge $285 for a 6 week, 3 hours each, Hypnobabies class. Materials are $55 (included in that) which breaks it down to around $38.xx per class after subtracting materials.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I bought a hypobirthing book, and am taking the classes which the hospital offers, because half the point, for me, is to connect with other soon-to-be parents. The hospital classes are $70 for a series of 7 2-hour classes, and they give us juice, crackers, cheese and cookies to eat. It also has the advantage of being taught by the maternity nurses, so you get to know who you'll be dealing with.

If there were a hypnobirthing class nearby, and I could afford it, I might consider doing that as well, but I am feeling that this will be enough.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Bradley are the most expensive in our area. the other Independent (ALACE, CAPPA etc) teachers range about $20-$25 per class.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.