Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to the doctor tomorrow and am wondering how much I've gained. It has been 6 weeks since I've been there and I have realy gotten big(I'm almost 27weeks)! Just wondering what others have gained so far.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I have put on 7 kilos. I had a huge weight gain in the states this summer ( I am an American living in Japan) it was just a combination of too many meals out in restaurants and too long since I had eaten some of the *comfort foods*. (DD #1 has food allergies so the last two years I couldn`t indulge).
I have not put on any weight in the past month. I feel a lot bigger than I did the first pregnancy. But I eat well and get exercise so I am not worried.
Kathryn

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
38lbs at 27 (tomarrow) weeks. I don't mind since with my first, I gained a total of 50lbs and it was off within 9 months (without excersize or really eating well.) I think I'm just one of those woman who NEED to gain a lot of weight or I'd be malnourished after the baby is born.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I have gained about 20 lbs at 28 weeks.

Which doesn't really bother me since I know I am eating healthy and this is completely in the normal range. Except that I only gained 22 lbs total with my 1st daughter and 18 with my second. I will probably gain closer to 30 this time and it just feels like a lot.

I am also a fairly short person. Yesterday in my car, I realized that the steering wheel was hitting my belly - and was really annoying me! LOL I had to move my seat back a little bit, but if I have to move it back any farther I won't be able to reach the pedals. ARGH!

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
About 19 pounds so far. I'm 29 weeks tomorrow. At this time during my last pg, I'd put on probably at least 30 pounds by this time! I'll have to go back and look in my diary I kept back then, but it was at least 30 if not 35.

·
Registered
288 Posts
17 pounds at 28 weeks..it's all in the belly and I'm starting to feel it in my feet, back & and knees....was my floor always this hard?
:
I'm loving it though....I'll miss the babe when its no longer in utero....don't get me wrong....i'm so excited and can barely wait...but there is something about effortlessly having babe with me at all times...something so incredibly sweet.......

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
15lbs so far. We'll see how much that's changed at the next appt
It's all in my belly though. You can't tell I'm pg from behind. When I turn around though...well...that's another story

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
32 lbs at 32 weeks -- I seem to be gaining about a lb a week.

But I'm starting to cut out a lot of sugar now, because I would prefer it if I could keep the baby under 9 lbs. At my dr's appt with my new doc (who is great), after he did the palpitation he said "well, you're measuring two weeks beyond your due date. but you don't have a ton of amniotic fluid in there, so its okay." Then just as I was about to leave he smiled and said, "Its good to know you can deliver a 8lb 13oz baby.". So I think he's thinking that I'm measuring big because baby is big.

But I'm 5'7" and have broad shoulders and hips, and dh is 6'3", so I don't really expect to have a baby under 8 lbs.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I was up 20lbs at 27 weeks. I'll be curious to see what I've gained at 31 weeks. I'm trying to lay off the sugar (it's not really working) and I certainly can't eat as much as I used to due to heartburn.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
still 5lbs under the weight i was at the first doc visit.
: i'll be 27 weeks friday. it looks like i swallowed a basketball

·
Registered
405 Posts
So far I have gained only 6 pounds and right now I am almost 30 weeks pregnant. I was overweight to begin with so my doctor said to try to be careful with my weight and what I ate. I am glad I have not gained too much. I definitely would not want to have complications in my pregnancy and labor due to weight issues.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
22 lbs at 28 weeks. I am just now hitting my prepreg weight from dd. I gained 40 with her, so this is a nice change of pace. I was just huge with her.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I've gained almost 35lbs. I was on a super stick diet pre-pg due to gullbladder issues. Now since I have reintroduced fat to my diet and have been eating more normal my body seems to think it has to hold on to every ounce. I just my pre-pg weight with dd though so I really hope I will not be as big as before.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.