Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone here will be able to give me the info I need - or point me in the right direction!<br><br>
My MW has me on RRL combo pills that contain RRL, blue cohosh, and black cohosh - I am almost out and went to buy some more but NONE of the local stores have it in stock right now and won't be getting it until Thursday!<br><br>
Of course my pills don't say how much of each herb is contained within the pill - so I have no idea how much of each individual herb I have been taking. I figure I can just continue with plain RRL pills until Thursday when the combo pills come in - but I have no idea how much to take - and I don't want to call my MWs emergency line on a holiday weekend over something so minor.....<br><br><br>
Can anyone help me out here?? How much RRL should I be taking? Pills are preferred to tea or tinctures. BTW, I am almost 39 weeks.<br><br>
Thanks!!

·
Registered
24,718 Posts
Rubus Strigosus should be the RRL type you are using for pregnancy...<br><br><br>
Rubus Ideaus is a fever reducer.<br><br>
Source: the herb book by John Lust

·
Registered
384 Posts
The cohoshes are labor inducers - are you aware?<br><br>
The pills are NOT preferred over a tea-infusion. Not only do you know how much you are getting, it's fresher, more potent, tastes better, is easier assimilated and you get a good amount of you daily water intake as well.<br><br>
Anyway, you need to discuss the dosage with you midwives. It sounds like they have a plan for inducing.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
I wouldn't be taking the cohosh, especially not in herbal form. (granted, I did take the homeopathic version, but only after labor had already started)<br><br>
I would recommend you get the fresh herb and brew your own tea instead. You can drink it hot or cold. At the end of my last pregnancy, I drank watered-down herbal tea (blend of RRL, nettles, and oat straw) all day long every day, instead of water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts