Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mammas,

A Mom in my complex has asked me if I would daycare her 2.5yo, 3 days a week, 8hrs a day.
The Mom will be getting a subsidy for childcare from the goverment (here in BC Canada) but she is supposed to top up the amount for me. What should I be expecting per month for that amount of childcare? We are supposed to get together and talk before January to iron out the details and I would like to have a figure in mind cause I'm sure she'll ask me.

Thanks for you wisdom WAHM's

~Kelsey

·
Registered
825 Posts
First, you need to know what the going rate is for daycare in your city for that age of child. Just call up a couple of daycare centres and inquire about care and ask for the rates. Also, many daycares have websites with rates posted on them.

For home daycare I would charge the fee of centre daycare or a few dollars less. Also, I would have mom sign a contract regarding a committed number of days she is required to pay weekly regardless of attendance etc. You need to know that the income is there and if you are committed to being available then the parent needs to commit to payment.

If you need one, I can PM my contract for you to peruse.

Alos, check with your city. I am in ONtario, but here you can not accept subsidy unless you are a licensed home daycare.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your helpful information!
I have some time to research and make sure I go about this right.....apparently this agreement won't commence until January.

Thanks again

*if you could pm me your contract, that would be super!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.