Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3 month old naps for a couple of hours in the morning but only an hour or so in the pm and isn't going to sleep until 8.30/9.30pm. He is already rolling over and drives himself crazy rolling back and forth when he is tired. He seems to dislike lying down and is showing signs of teething and seems to be in a lot of discomfort.

I'm looking at getting a back carrier for the pm/evening so that I can cook with him tied on. I'm hoping that he might sleep more if he is attached. He does sleep through til about 6am then will nurse and go back to sleep until 7 or so. He obviously nurses in the night but has gone from nursing once around 3 to more nursings. I'm not sure how many to be honest, I'm pretty sleepy I just wake and nurse him and go back to sleep once he settles. He is also nursing roughly, pulling on me and doing a bit of nipple chewing. Not nice.

Also he won't nurse to sleep
Sometimes before his morning nap he will but not at night.

Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It's been a while since my girls were that little, and someone correct me if I'm off here, but I think your baby's probably getting enough sleep. It sounds like he's teething, which is just one of those things to get through. It will get better soon.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reassurance. I went and got a back carrier today which will hopefully help him feel more a part of things. Teething definitely seems and issue. I got him a teething aid and he loves it.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
684 Posts
My baby is 3 months old too, and that seems pretty similar to her sleeping patterns. Some days she'll surprise me though and take like a 5 hour daytime nap.
But on most days, she sleeps from 9pm ish to 7 am ish, with two little naps.

Do you want your guy to sleep more? I've learned that DD naps MUCH better if I nap with her. I think me being there helps her settle back into sleep whenever she stirs a little. Is that an option? I find that wearing her almost always puts her to sleep too, even though she wakes up as soon as I stop moving.

And I hear you on the back carry! We bought a woven wrap and a mei tai just so I could wear DD on my back and finally get a few things done, but she's just not happy on my back yet. Sigh, maybe when she's a little older she'll like it better. And until then, there just won't be much cooking going on around here!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts