Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are having a neighborhood girl care for our cats and take in our mail for 8 days. I have no idea how much I should pay her! Any ideas?

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
We pay our house/pet sitter $25 a day... well pay is the wrong word... it's all trade... she gets free chiropractic, I get a free housesitter when I need to travel.
But she's an adult, and stays at our house... I'm sure a kid would be paid less than that.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi, I have paid my friend who happens to be a professional pet sitter $10/day. She comes once a day. She checks up on the cats and makes sure they have food and scoops their litter. She also brings in my mail and water my indoor and outdoor plants.

I am sure she is giving me a discount because it seems quite affordable to me. I always give her "a tip".

Just make sure she is reliable and responsible. How old is she? Will an adult accompany her?

Nancy

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She is the daughter of a friend of mine. She is about 10 years old. I need her to stop in once a day or every other day to feed and water the cats, scoop the litter box and bring in the mail. My friend may or may not come with her. I'm not sure. It is a 2 minute walk to our house and then maybe 5-10 minutes worth of care time a day. Unless she wants to play with/pet them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.