Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a yarn winder, and I have seen them anywhere between 30 and 40. Is that about right? My winder is about 5'10", brown hair, hazel eyes, and is very nice to look at ... but it isn't always available.

What are your thoughts? I was just looking on Ebay, and there are a few on there.... has anyone ever heard of/have a Toyota winder? Is that like the maker of my Sienna?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi Meredith!

I would suggest getting both a ball winder and a swift. Used in conjunction they can make managing dyed yarn a breeze! I just recently got both and I can't believe how much time they have saved me. I use the swift to unwind the yarn from the original skein for dyeing, then once the yarn is dyed I return it to the swift and I actully knit from the yarn on the swift. Then for storage I leave the yarn on the swift and pull it from there to wind the remainning yarn on the ball winder. I can actally wind a 4 oz. skein in about 2 minutes. I don't know how I lived without one

Do you have an AC Moore near you? That's where I got both my swift and my ball winder. I used a 50% off coupon for each so the swift wound up being $30 and the winder was $25.

HTH!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts