Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bunch of AIOs with cotton outers (and a waterproof layer inside, but not laminated to the outer). I love them, but notice they are starting to wick after only an hour or so of use. I have been using them regularly for about a month and a half (washing them every other day, but not drying them). Is this about how often you have to re-DWR them? I think they were originally DWR'ed with Permanent Waterguard. Is that the best one to use? Can you get that at Wal*mart?<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
It depends on the type and what was used on them.<br><br>
For after market DWR, meaning the wahm added it herself then it usually lasts about a month depending on the brand. Atsko suggests that you use their sensi clean to make it last longer.<br>
I found with a couple fleece AIO's I have I needed to add DWR onto them about monthly.<br>
You can buy the permanent waterguard at some walmarts, in the camping section or at <a href="http://www.atsko.com" target="_blank">www.atsko.com</a>

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Linda - thanks for the reply! Yes, the DWR was added by the WAHM after market. I guess it is time for me to get some PWG!<br>
Thanks so much!<br>
XOXO

·
Registered
987 Posts
How do you know if the WAHM DWGed the diaper? do you know which ones do?<br><br>
I have some FMBG, Mudpies, Cozytimebaby, AOIs with cotton outers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts