Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really not there yet, but I'm getting antsy to start working up to running again. Just wondering how old your dc was when you started jogging with them.

TIA!

·
Registered
228 Posts
What kind of stroller do you have? Can you put the car seat in the stroller? I have a BOB Revolution, so I got an attachment that secures the car seat in it. Otherwise, depending on your baby, and how she's well sitting with the support that your stroller gives, probably between 4 - 6 months. My daughter was in the stroller without the car seat at 4.5 months, but my friends baby is still in her car seat at 6 months. Also, I know that the Chariot strollers have a sling thingy, so you could put babe in right away.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I have a Baby Trend jogger that reclines enough that I could jog with ds2... if he liked being in a stroller, and if it weren't 30 degrees most days. It also has an infant head support so his head won't flop around. I wish he liked it, I'm ready to start working out.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I've been out jogging a few times with dd (she's now 2 months old). I have a BOB stroller. I recline it all the way and have a head/body support cushion for her. I only run on a paved asphalt path at the park, so there are really no bumps, and I go pretty slow, not much faster than fast walking. And I bundle her up a lot, and we have a wind shield. I remember asking our pediatrician about this when ds was 2-3 months, and she seemed to think it was fine, not a problem for his neck muscles. It's such a production to go out and come home and shower...I think we're getting a treadmill for Christmas.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I have BOB Revolution that I got to run with when my daughter was about 2. I won't be running with my 2 month old son in it for quite some time although I plan on trying it for walks soon.

The manufacturer states to wait till baby 8 months to jog with it or take it off road. I think all manufacturers have their own recommendations. I've read other places that some peds recommend waiting till one year. I'll probably wait till at least 8 months.

·
Registered
185 Posts
We ran a half marathon when my DS was just over 3 months old. We didn't run the race with him, but had trained almost the whole time with him. Our stroller's seat reclined so he was laying pretty flat and he slept most of the time. Then we would use rolled up blankets around him to make sure he didn't shift or get uncomfortable. We run mostly in town so it's usually on asphalt roads or paved trails along the river. I think that the company's have to err on the side of caution when they make their suggestions... I would use common sense and usually the LO will let you know if they don't like it!!!
Enjoy! It was very good for our whole family!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got the BOB Revolution but no carseat adaption. Don't have a carseat that would work for that anyways! I need to look into that weather shield though b/c it's getting cold here.

There is a lovely 4 mile paved path by the river, so maybe I'll start walking briskly there and see how it goes. The "instructions" do say to not run with the seat reclined, but I didn't see anything about an age requirement. Guess they're worried about baby's neck/head bouncing around?

Thanks everyone!

·
Banned
52 Posts
Health professionals don't recommend leaving baby in the seat in a pushchair/stroller anyway. I'm not sure what the health risks are exactly (as we've never used one with a pushchair) but there are associated risks.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
The "instructions" do say to not run with the seat reclined, but I didn't see anything about an age requirement. Guess they're worried about baby's neck/head bouncing around?
It's on their website.
http://www.bobgear.com/customercare/..._strollers.php

I think 8 months is probably just a conservative guideline for when most babies can sit up independently and therefore wouldn't need to be reclined in the stroller.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the link!

Like I said, *I'M* not ready to take off running yet, so it'll be a while, but good to know what others have done and what the manufacturer's recommendation is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.