Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have an Ergo and have been using it since birth with DS2. At home he's often in a sling but we both prefer the Ergo when out and for sleeping. He's just turned 3 months and weighs 15 lb. Right now, I tuck his legs in with the newborn insert (or my version of it, really just a thick blanket). I'm wondering when I can start splaying his legs so that they come out? He seems nowhere near ready for that position yet, but if I remember correctly, I was wearing DS1 in that position around 4 m/o, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks wise babywearing mamas!!!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
it really is more about baby size then age. but i'd say in general, most babies will start to fit legs out in an ergo between 4-6mo. in the meantime, you could always try one leg in, one leg out. sometimes that satisfies the baby, just make sure to switch legs once in a while.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I came to ask the same question! I noticed today that my 9 week old had a leg that popped out to one side. He is pretty big, I think probably about 13 -13.5 lbs. He seemed comfortable though, but I also wondered if it was too soon.

·
Registered
282 Posts
At 3months my ds was not able to be in the ergo without the insert. A few days after he turned 4months old (20lbs) we tried it out without the insert and he was able to have his legs splayed easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.