Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how old were your babies when you were able to lay at least semi-comfortably on your belly/chest again? Ds is EBF, never had formula or bottles and is a bit over 4 months now. I'm not currently not suffering from any plugged ducts or any other BF problem as far as I know.

I STILL cannot lay on my chest. I'd like to give my sides a break and sleep on my stomach every now and then but, it still hurts far too much for even just a second. Even if ds just drained both sides pretty well I still can't manage it. I figured by now my body would be adjusted.

Is it typical for it to take this long? When can I possibly expect to be able to? For other EBFing moms, how long before you could?

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
I can't sleep on my stomach and my daughter is 10.5 months old.

I think it's just me though.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so from everyones answers it seems as if theres a pretty wide range. I was hopingit would be a bit more cut and dry. i thought I'd would have been on my belly for months now by this point. But, now I can't see it happening any time soon as even when I'm not engorged it still hurts like heck to put any upper body weight on my chest. grrrrrrr.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
4.5 to 5 months, here, and still only if they've just eaten. I don't sleep on my belly because I leak so much more from the pressure and can't afford to waste the milk.

·
Registered
139 Posts
DD is four and a half months and I can sleep on my stomach only if my boobs aren't too full (but they usually are at night). I miss sleeping on my stomach, too!

·
Registered
439 Posts
DS is only a few days younger than your LO...I don;t sleep on my tummy and that's never changed, so I have no input there...but if I try to lay on my side with my arm under me, I leak like crazy lol. Stomach is definitely not comfortable, but I don't know if that's changed since starting to bf.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am a stomach sleeper, and couldn't wait to be back on my belly. I have been able to sleep comfortably on my stomach since about 2 weeks PP. My 5 w.o. baby girl only wakes to nurse twice at night, so sometimes I get uncomfortable and may leak, unless I bend my arms and tuck them under my sides to help give a little lift off the bed.
My hips can't handle much side sleeping, so I know how hard it is to not be able to sleep comfortably. Hope you are there soon Mama!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alegna View Post
As long as I wasn't super engorged I could lay on my tummy from when they were born.

-Angela
This. I tend to leak more when I sleep on my stomach, but it's soooooo worth it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.