Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MIL has one and they of course want me to try it out, but I have declined. The other time I came over SIL who is also pregnant (1 month behind me) had given it a try. So when I was going up stairs MIL BF said we could listen to yours later, I ignored him and it didn't come up again.

Anyways, of course they think I just overthink, yada, yada. I haven't had time to research it and I really don't care for it anyways. I am not that curious. But just wanted to know, what others think about them.

More than likely they got it from a thrift store ad MIL BF works in one, so they/we get stuff free at times.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
If it's the kind you can get from Target or Walmart or wherever, it's just an amplifier, like a microphone and harmless. But, like stated above, might not work very well. If you're curious, try looking up a picture of one on Target online and see if it looks like the one they have. It looks nothing like the doppler thing at my midwives, and I think it's easy to tell them apart (but someone else probably has more experience and can tell you for sure what to look for).

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think that it is rather quick to say that the microphone ones are harmless. Every electronic device puts out electromagnetic waves of some sort (measurable energy at least). While no studies have proven they are harmful, no one can prove that they are harmless. (Much like sitting in front of the computer or using an electric heating pad... I know that some people find it silly, but I think its something to think about)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.