Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making a baby blanket out of mitred squares of various sizes (~3"-10"). The squares are all out of a purple/green variegated yarn. I want to piece them together in such a way that there's about a 2" dark blue border all around - so purple squares on blue background.

Do I knit the background? Can I crochet it? I like my mental image of crocheting them, but I'm worried about the knit squares getting stretched out but not the crochet borders...

Any ideas? (I can take a pic later if it would help)

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
I'm not clear: are you talking about crocheting the squares together, or seaming them together???

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a bunch of purple squares, and I want them put together with a significant blue space between them. That will involve either knitting a bunch in between, or crocheting in between to create a thick border before they're seamed.

Does that make more sense? It's kinda hard to describe...

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
That makes more sense.

Drat, sorry, hit post too soon. IF you used a knitted-on cast on, or you knit at a tighter gauge than usual for that yarn then I wouldn't hesitate to crochet between them. I'm not usually a huge fan of bicraftual projects, but I think that's going to be your easiest option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.