Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oh boy have I got myself into trouble this time!!!
NO birth control has ever worked for me. I have 3 kids-the patch, the ring, the pill. Had an IUD and it was making me gain a TON of weight and with that came bad health effects so I had it removed by my midwife. She's acknowledged I'm just an extremely fertile person and tubal may be the only prevention.
(oh, and have seen a doctor and was told I have a lot of eggs and have PCOS but that it won't make me infertile...it will just make me release more eggs at once than normal)

ANYWAY- Hubby and I dtd about a week ago...about a week after my period was over...and a few times in between. I'm not supposed to have another period for about 10 days and I'm bleeding now. It does not feel like a period, nor do I have I had any symptoms leading up to it. My questions are 1) Can that be implantation bleeding? and 2) Do women with PCOS really tend to release more eggs than normal? I'm afraid of twins/triplets....
So I guess the how soon is...how soon could I have implantation bleeding if I am pregnant?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
implantation bleeding can be from 5-12 days from what I remember from TCOYF. So yes- that could be IB, but it could also be mid-cycle spotting, which is fairly common for a woman with hormonal problems.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Just a note on the morning after pill- its meant to be used applying it to sex you've had in the last 24-48 hours - so if you've also had sex with no birth control more than 48 hours ago which could have been an opportunity to concieve, it may not work, and you would be exposing the fetus to the chemicals and hormones of the pill- which is said to be "fine" and certainly in my experience the resulting child turned out just fine!
Good luck!

Sarahfina

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.