Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd really like to answer my family doctor with some good studies the next time he asks me why I am not on board with his vaccination schedule. My son is 2.5 and has asthma, which concerns the doc that he has not had any shots since his 6 mo. visit. BTW, this is a newer doc for us, only since my son was 18 months old. He is a younger doctor, probably under 40 and somewhat easy to talk to, but I am nervous about it because I am not great explaining my concerns. When it comes out of my mouth, it sounds ridiculous. I'd like some material I can bring in to show him, like recent real studies.<br><br>
Has anyone had this discussion with their doctor? How can I convince him that the concern is real and I am not just on the wagon with the celebrity crowd?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
When your doctor asks you why you don't vaccinate, rather than present him with studies that he is sure to argue with for one reason or another, turn the tables around on him. Ask him to provide you with long-term studies that compare vaccinated individuals to non-vaccinated individuals, showing how all the various parts that make up vaccines interact with each other, explain the individual circumstances behind the test subjects, and come to the conclusion that vaccinating is better for your specific child than not vaccinating.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I suggest you find a family practitioner or alternative doctor.<br><br>
Why waste your time and energy arguing with a doctor about a subject that he feels he has the superior knowledge of? It is a no-win situation. You will not win.<br><br>
If medical doctors and paediatricians were given some competition for patients with other practitioners, maybe they would change their "god complex", "I-know-what is-good-for-you-and-your-child" attitude with people.

·
Registered
451 Posts
It sounds like he's a somewhat reasonable doctor who is willing to listen, rather than just "Do this because I'm the doctor and I said so." Isn't that what everyone is always saying they want? That's what I want! I'd accumulate the research, list my concerns, etc and have a conversation with him. If you feel like he's not listening, then you can thank him for his time and tell him you're comfortable with your decision. But I agree with OP. What's the harm in talking to him? Maybe you'll bring up some issues that he hadn't heard about before.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He is a family practice doc. I would probably be ok with seeing an alternative type of doctor but my husband is not. He even thinks chiropractors are voodoo docs. The fact that I have been able to delay the vaxes this long is a miracle.<br><br>
I thought maybe someone had a list of links they could share showing the studies that are concerning.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Here!! <a href="http://www.medicalvoices.org/vaccination/articles/what-they-dont-tell-you-about-vaccination-dangers-can-kill-you-or-ruin-your-life.html" target="_blank">http://www.medicalvoices.org/vaccina...your-life.html</a><br><br>
and read the 9 questions to ask...this was posted just a few doors down.<br><br>
Also, go to <a href="http://www.homefirst" target="_blank">www.homefirst</a> dot com and watch the free webinars by<br>
Dr. Mayer Eisenstein.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts