Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does that make any sense? I am finally up to working out again after a bit of a break. However, I find I find myself holding back. Why? I want to accept myself for just who I am. I don't want to feel like I am not good enough as I am. I want to focus on doing this, because I want to feel good. However, I have a bit of an obsessive personality and when I get involved in working out (or anything else for that matter- I tend to put a lot of my attention on it- neglecting other more important aspects of life. Does anybody else ever feel that way? It is also important to me to work on humility and not being vain- but man - it is a struggle when I am focusing on how this muscle is getting bigger or that is getting smaller or what have you. Is there possibly anyone out there with these struggles?

I went to yoga class today as man, it was a rough day and I needed to relax- and as I looked in the mirror I can see that I most definitely fluffier than I was and I would sure like to get back in kick butt shape. But I don't want it to get back to thinking it is not ever good enough, ya know? When you get to working out and making improvements it is easy to forget how far you have come- then again I don't want to focus so much on myself. Man I am rambling- I just want to keep a healthy sense of self...

·
Registered
330 Posts
I understand, I tend to let my working out get in the way of enjoying other things. Or it will even just occupy my mind when I should be focusing on my family. I've been trying to focus on positive thinking. So if I miss a day (like today), I won't get down on myself. I've been trying daily affirmations and praying in the shower, I do forget some days though and sometimes a naked child pops in and wants to get clean while I'm in there
I really hope that if I can change my thinking then the other stuff will come more naturally.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aha, at least one person! I guess the best I can do is just try and practice not being obsessed. I want to start an exercise program. I need something specific goals as I don't motivate at all without something specific, but after I am done w/ working out I need to be able to just drop it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.