Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>My third baby, now 6 1/2 months, has for the last month or more had the following nighttime sleep/nurse routine  She tends to nurse 11ish PM, 2ish AM, 5ish AM and then have a nice long uninterrupted sleep sometimes til 10 or later in the morning.  Now I have co-sleep for the first several years with all my kids, my older two didn't sleep through the night til atleast 2 years and still at 3 1/2 sometimes wakes in the night and I don't mind half waking up to nurse because she goes right back to sleep.  BUT if this girl is going to sleep for 6 hours without waking or wanting to nurse, then I want those hours to be from midnight til 6AM not from 5-11 AM.  Any thoughts on how to change that cycle.  And we do have days (sometimes a few in a row) when we have to be out of the house by 8AM in which case baby wakes happily and takes a good (1-2 hr)</p>
<p>nap mid-morning  so I don't think waking her earlier in the morning will change the pattern.</p>

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
<p>If she starts that nursing pattern at 11, what time does she go down? The obvious answer is for her to go down earlier.</p>

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
<p>I don't have any answers, subbing because we have the same problem.  When I try to put DS down for bed earlier (6-7) he usually just wakes up 40 minutes later, stays up for 2-3 hours more.  He's really sleepy in the morning.  I have tried playing with his nap schedule but haven't had much luck.  For nighttime we still swaddle but have stopped for naps.</p>

·
Registered
451 Posts
<p>suggest waking earlier for longer - like 2 weeks.  Also, if there is an evening nap around 5-6, you can try to "bridge" that nap by lying in bed with her.  I did this around that age for a couple of weeks (with me reading, lights low, nothing exciting going on) and that + early wake up got my DD to a 6:30/7 pm bedtime.  Of course this presumes that you can spare the evening time for a couple of weeks - was worth it for us.  Good luck.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts