Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, for the past two weeks or so I've had creamy cervical fluid...this morning I checked as usual and the cervix was more open, and the fluid was still creamy colored but stretchy. How do I classify this on my charts? I thought I ovulated two weeks ago!
:

Also. I'm feeling nauseous today, but I think it's related to what I ate last night. I have absolutely NO early pregnancy symptoms that I can tell. If I am PG, think it'll matter that I've had some wine/alcohol these first few weeks?

Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
You can have multiple periods of fertile CM over the course of one cycle. That's why temps or an OPK are the only way to tell if you actually ovulated.

Creamy CM isn't the most fertile. The stretchy stuff is the most fertile. Some people have streaky EWCM instead of clear. You'd classify that as EWCM.

I don't know if the alcohol would be a problem, did you BD that night?

ETA: That is one heck of a cycle. I think the first cycle is the hardest because you've got nothing to compare it too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphire_chan
You can have multiple periods of fertile CM over the course of one cycle. That's why temps or an OPK are the only way to tell if you actually ovulated.

Creamy CM isn't the most fertile. The stretchy stuff is the most fertile. Some people have streaky EWCM instead of clear. You'd classify that as EWCM.

I don't know if the alcohol would be a problem, did you BD that night?

ETA: That is one heck of a cycle. I think the first cycle is the hardest because you've got nothing to compare it too.
Sapphire, no BD. I've not known how to classify BD because we're still using protection while trying to figure out this heck of a cycle. At your suggestion I have been temping and reading TCOYF any chance I get. Maybe I need to get an OPK as well...

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
TCOYF says to record the most fertile-quality cervical fluid, so if you have creamy all day and then EW for an hour it would count as an EW day.

Did your temp go up today? It may not go up until tomorrow if you did O. The only real way to confirm O is a sustained temp rise. Do you use fertility friend? I've been using it for 3 mos now and it uually predicts my O day really accurately.

As for the wine, try not to stress about it, but you might want to avoid drinking if you are TTC. I only drink when I have AF (and a few days after)
Because then I know for sure I'm not preg!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilian
TCOYF says to record the most fertile-quality cervical fluid, so if you have creamy all day and then EW for an hour it would count as an EW day.

Did your temp go up today? It may not go up until tomorrow if you did O. The only real way to confirm O is a sustained temp rise. Do you use fertility friend? I've been using it for 3 mos now and it uually predicts my O day really accurately.

As for the wine, try not to stress about it, but you might want to avoid drinking if you are TTC. I only drink when I have AF (and a few days after)
Because then I know for sure I'm not preg!
My temp went up yesterday, but not today. It was 97.9 yesterday and 97.7 today. I like the idea of only drinking during AF. I view it as a little vacation...

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by naturalmom25
I like the idea of only drinking during AF. I view it as a little vacation...

Me too. It makes AF a little less upsetting when you can sip a glass of wine (and it does wonders for cramps).

·
Registered
914 Posts
I wouldn't worry about a little bit of wine/alcohol that you've had up until now. After all, how many women don't have a clue until they're a few weeks along?

I'd not drink anymore until you find out, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts