Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 10.5 month ds moves all over the bed during the night. To help make this safe, I have the bed against the wall (on his side) and a guard rail at the bottom. He rolls around so much, though, that he sometimes hits the wall. What's ended up resulting is that dh has been kicked out of the bed so that our little prince can have the majority of the king size bed
So that we can welcome dh back to the "family" bed, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about what to do with a wall to make it more friendly to a rolling baby? I don't mind if it wouldn't make it into some decorating book. I just want something that might cushion a roll a bit but wouldn't be so cushiony that it'd be unsafe. Just thought you mamas would be the right people to ask! Thanks so much!

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
He's not going to hurt himself on the wall. He's at the age where he will start figuring out that the bed has edges. Or you could always put him in the middle of you and dh.

-Angela

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Try The Family Bed And Nighttime Parenting forum--there was JUST a discussion about this

·
Registered
611 Posts
There was a family bed device I saw on a banner here once that looked really good. It was a long sheet that you laid on the bed with a large round tube that went against the wall to help keep baby from not only hitting the wall, but keep them from falling in the crack and getting wedged between the mattress and wall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts