Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a thread yesterday about my visit with my doc. After thinking about the visit later, I realized that after my dr found out that we were going to indefinitely delay vax, our relationship immediately changed. She was no longer as friendly as she usually is, and seemed to be really hard on her evaluation with my barely two year old (she thought it strange that he doesn't know his colors yet, and although he knows many words, she was also lining up possible speech therapy because he's not speaking in sentences!) She also tried to retract his foreskin. It only lasted a split second, but he got uncomfortable really fast, and just as I was about to say something she stopped.<br><br>
Anyway, in the event that I need to find a new dr (she is the dr for our entire family!), is there any way I can find out ahead of time where they stand on issues of vaccinations? Like, is there a website that lists dr's who are vax-refusal-friendly?

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
You definitely need a new doctor. She is not working in your child's best interest. To retract - what the heck was she doing? And some two year old know their colors, I know my grandson's little buddy does and he is just two, but my grandson has no clue what colors are and he is a week older. Every child is an individual.<br><br>
Look for <a href="http://www.holisticmoms.org/" target="_blank"><b>Holistic Moms</b></a> in your are and also LLL groups.<br><br>
I'll pm you.

·
Registered
356 Posts
a new doctor is definitly in order. We have a local AP ish group and we ha ve a database of nonvax friendly docs. If you are not lucky enough to have such a resource, then what I would do is get out the yellow pages, call all the peds, going down the line, and whoever you get on the phone ask the basic questions:<br>
1. how does your practice handle intact boys, do they retract?<br>
2. how does your practice feel about nonvaxing?<br>
3. how does your practive feel about positve discipline...<br><br>
and so on.<br><br>
gl!<br>
Misty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts