Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They aren't listed in the yellow pages, and I can't find one online in my area. So how does one go about finding a good mediator?<br><br>
We have pretty much hammered everything out ourselves, but we want to do mediation to get it all settled. If we can't find a mediator, should we just hire a joint attorney? (I already have an attorney, myself. I have my first appointment on Thursday.)

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I'd ask your attorney for a list of a couple mediators.<br><br>
I'd talk to each one on the phone and get a 'feel' for which one seems best then go with that.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Yes your attorney (or potential attorney) should be able to reccomend a couple.<br><br>
I found mine by referral, there was a mom I respected but was not directly friends with... normally I would not overstep my place but it was important and I knew she would have a good attorney and mediator so I hunted her down, asked, and she happily gave me the info.<br><br>
I think it is a good idea to call ahead and ask are they familiar with attachment parenting? Or would they be willing to look at the API website prior to your meeting so they have an idea of what you have been doing thus far.<br><br>
Realize during mediation they are supposed to be impartial but I believe if they are not naturally in tune with AP it help to give them a broad overview...<br><br>
Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts