Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gals,
I will be flying with ds at the beginning of March. He'll be 13 mo then. I'll be traveling with my parents on one leg of the trip, and with my dh on the way back. We haven't reserved a seat for ds, but are hoping to get the radian on the plane if there's an open one. I've only flown with him and his carrier, so I'm not sure about the logistics of dealing with a heavier seat that won't balance on my stroller.

How do I lug it through the airport to the gate? (I don't want to buy their $80 carrier for it.) Oh, and it'll fit on a plane seat if there's an open one, right?

Advice? Anyone btdt with a radian xt? Thanks.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The Radian is heavy to carry over your shoulder. Don't buy the overpriced Gogokidz thingy. A metal foldable luggage cart works just as well.

What I did with mine is use an extra bungee cord. We "freed" ourselves from the stroller (either checking it as luggage or borrowing at our destination) and my dd could ride in her Radian when tired. If you have a good baby carrier, he should be fine alternating between being worn, riding in the seat and walking (if he is by that time-not all are).

But playing with the stroller is a good idea. Try it at home. Get a couple of bungees and see if that's another option. Strapping it to the back of the seat is a good idea. Some people manage to wedge their car seats into the seated part of the stroller but because the Radian is tall and heavy, I can't see this working too well.

What's nice about the Radian is that it's skinny enough that you can wheel it down the aisle.

With so many adults with you, it should go fine. You could have one pushing the stroller and another adult pulling the Radian. The carry-on's can go on the Radian so none of you have to carry them.

Here are my non-commercial flying tips;
http://flyingwithchildren1.blogspot.com

Have a good flight!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.