Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for foods/ways to gain weight healthy. I am 5'7'' and weigh 105 lbs currently and for my height I believe that is underweight. I use to be around 110 lbs until I got the flu/cold couple weeks ago.<br><br>
I feel underweight although my DH says I don't look so. I had liked my weight after my pregnancy (120-125lbs). I am aiming to go back to 120 lbs.<br><br>
The foods think so far that will help me are:<br><br>
Coconut stuff<br>
Avocados<br>
and I think nuts<br><br>
Any other suggestions

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
i have found it necessary to eat very calorie-dense foods . . . i have a naturally fast metabolism (kept me relatively thin for years of slothiness) and have had a tough time not looking too thin since starting running seriously - and nursing sucks fat right off my body.<br><br>
- i never buy any dairy product that is not full-fat (real milk, real ice cream, real yogurt, etc.).<br><br>
- a few times a week, i eat oatmeal with TONS of extra calories in it (p.b., other nuts, flax seeds, dried fruits) - i am just trying to maintain weight though, not gain, so you might need to do this more often.<br><br>
- dense breads - same as the oatmeal - my grocery store's bakery sells a "marathon bread" which has all sorts of good calories in it.<br><br>
- weight lift!<br><br>
- my problem tends to be not having time to eat or not realizing i'm hungry, so i always have a stash of granola bars or trail mix somewhere (this started when i was pregnant and passing out all the time, and i've never stopped!)

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
Toning your muscles will cause you to gain weight.<br><br>
Are you still bf'ing though? Just as some women can't lose weight while bf'ing, other women lose too much no matter what they do. When they stop they gain some back.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I am still bfing. I am the same pre-pregnancy weight basically. BFing is not making me lose. I just wasn't good at gaining. I am thinking I properly need to eat some health fatty foods and that well help me.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Olive oil! 1 tbs has 200 calories. Nuts would be good too. Try roasting peeled, sliced potatoes in lots of olive oil and sprinkling with salt. Mmmmm!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts