Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd, 15 months, has always been a crib sleeper. My dh is a terrible sleeper and can barely manage to share the bed with me
, so our compromise is the kids sleep on their own. We have never used any cio methods or anything of the like, it has always been peaceful.

That being said, we are going on a long vacation coming up and I am concerned about how she will sleep. We may be able to get a crib some of the time but not sure. Also, she is not used to sharing a room, she usually sleeps in her own. The couple times we have tried to have her sleep somewhere away from home were disasters! We went to my FIL's house (with us of course) and she had a crib there and she just could not sleep. She napped a few minutes here and there when I layed on the floor with her but mostly cried hysterically all night long

So here is my question. What can we do to make this trip work? It would be nice if she could sleep either with me or her older sister, 7.5. How can I get her used to this some of the time while we are still home? Are toddlers adaptable enough to transition some of the time like this?

Any advise would be much welcomed.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
My dh wasn't into co-sleeping either and with our first, we compromised and put him in a crib after six months. Now, if we sleep in a hotel room with two beds, I sleep in one with dd and dh sleeps in the other w/ ds. Before dd was born, dh and I would sleep in one bed and put ds in the other. We put rails on both sides of the bed and pillows all around him at the bottom. He really was a wiggly sleeper and we could never get much sleep with him in the bed, even if dh had been into co-sleeping. Dd on the other hand is a cuddler and is easy to sleep with

If we had to sleep in the same bed, we had to pretend to be asleep in order to get him to fall asleep or it was playtime all night. I still do that w/ dd sometimes. Another option is to make a bed on the floor.

If you want to plan ahead at home, maybe you could have family sleepovers on Saturdays or something. Either in your bed or on the living room floor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.