Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Long story short: My mom fell down the stairs at their house 3 weeks ago. Luckily, she 'only' broke her shoulder. But she also got a nasty cut on her face (healed now) that bled heavily before the ambulance came. She's home from the hospital/rehab and is doing as well, despite the broken arm.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But, there's a huge blood stain on the carpet at the bottom of the stairs where she fell. The good news is that she fell into the basement, so the stain isn't in the living room. I'm here for 4-5 days visiting, and I would really like to see if I get the bloodstain out of the carpet so my dad isn't reminded of the fall every time he goes down stairs. (My mom is blind and won't see it.)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My dad has a ton of guilt about the fall (not making modifications to the house that we'd been begging them to make because of my mom's lack of vision), and I'd like him not to have to be reminded once she's healed. My BIL is a master carpenter (but currently unemployed) and has put up a lovely gate at the top of the stairs that matches their existing woodwork and will keep the fall from happening again.</p>

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
<p>Oxyclean, too!</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts