Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's a little switch from the usual questions....<br><br>
My DS has NEVER liked sleeping with us. We tried when he was a newborn for a little while, but he seemed to settle much better in the bassinet next to me. He is now in his own crib (he's 20 months) and I know that he is comfortable there, but he is still wakes very frequently. I just want to bring him in to our bed to snuggle and snooze in the morning. Yes, for selfish reasons! He just starts to cry and wiggles his way over to the side of the bed and slides down. He just doesn't like being there and I have no idea why. Well, he likes being up there to bounce around but not in the morning!<br><br>
I most definitely DON'T want to force it - what ever makes him most comfortable is what I do, but I sure wish we could snuggle in bed for a little while each day. Has anyone else had this experience? Has anyone had to build up to sharing a bed? This just seems so odd to me, although I guess when I think about it, DS is really squirmy and isn't overly affectionate through touch.<br><br>
Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Could you sort of reverse the moving out process? bring the crib/toddler bed into your room (or put one there for morning use) and see how that goes for a few days or a week, and then move the bed or a mattress right next to yours so you can touch if he wants, and then move him to your bed?<br><br>
or just try sidecarring a crib, that way he has his own space, but you could still sort of snuggle or touch?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish we could put him next to us in a crib. We live in a teeny tiny house and with our queen bed, there is literally no room for even a pack and play. Only the small bassinet fit. I am starting to think that maybe we should put a twin bed in his room so I could go in and lay with him there. I guess I am just not ready for him to be able to get up and walk around at night!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
My guy is sort of the same way, except sometimes he wants to be really close and snuggle, and other times he scoots away from me. Sorry that you can't side-car the crib, it has definitely worked out well for us and given him his own space. A pallet on the floor might work well for the 2 of so he can roll over and have his own space, or snuggle if he is in the mood. Good luck!<br>
~Bren<br>
Mommy to Lucas Raymond 9.14.09

1 - 4 of 4 Posts