Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have to store our tree in our storage room by the garage and it has the world's mustiest smell in there - as does our tree now (or anything else we put in there). Any tips on how to get that smell out of it? We plan on putting it on our porch and airing it out for a week or so.

BTW - last year, my mom sprayed Febreeze all over it when I wasn't looking and it REEKED - that stuff is strong! I think I prefer the musty smell

TIA!

·
Premium Member
14,677 Posts
I'd probably spray it down with vinegar and then let it dry out a while. It may also need a hosing down if it's dusty, since that will just trap the smell.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by cristeen View Post
I'd probably spray it down with vinegar and then let it dry out a while. It may also need a hosing down if it's dusty, since that will just trap the smell.
Wouldn't it then reek of vinegar? Or does that go away fast? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
14,677 Posts
That goes away. Use white vinegar, and it'll smell like vinegar as long as it's wet, but once it dries the smell goes away. I keep a squirt bottle with about 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water for cleaning up all sorts of things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.